- Make your event the focus of the paper
- Be organized in the before, during, and after time sequences
- Balance the organization by repeating important ideas in each sequence
- Use transitions to indicate a shift in each sequence
- Include powerful words (active verbs, ING words) to convey motion and action
Monday, September 24, 2007
An essay describing something chronologically
Your next assignment in Writing the Essay is one that asks you to write an essay about an event that you experienced first hand. The main purpose of the assignment is to describe the changes that take place in a specific location in three different time sequences. For example, if you choose to write about a storm, you must describe a particular setting before/during/after the storm.